Here’s all the legal stuff!
The following provisions govern your use of www.iict.com.au and all other services made available to you by the International Institute for Complementary Therapists website.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE.
By using this site, you agree to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, do NOT use this site.
Copyright and Trademarks
The entire contents and design of International Institute for Complementary Therapists web site is proprietary to International Institute for Complementary Therapists or its content providers and is protected by copyright laws. The International Institute for Complementary Therapists Web site is for your personal, non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, or publish any materials contained on the International Institute for Complementary Therapists Web site and/or its e-newsletters without the express prior written permission of International Institute for Complementary Therapists or the appropriate copyright owner.
International Institute for Complementary Therapists website is provided on an ‘as is’, with all faults and as available’ basis. Without any warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, warranties of title or non-infringement, or warranties arising from course of dealing or custom of trade. We make no representation or warranty that any content is accurate, complete, appropriate, reliable or timely. We also make no representations or warranties that your access to and use of the site will be uninterrupted or error-free or free of viruses or unauthorised code or other harmful components.
Your use of International Institute for Complementary Therapists website is at your own risk. You are responsible for taking all precautions you believe necessary or advisable to protect you against any claim, damage, loss or hazard that may arise by virtue of your use of this site. Neither International Institute for Complementary Therapists nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or delivering International Institute for Complementary Therapists Web site, its e-newsletters, or the materials contained therein assumes any liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information provided. Nor shall they be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages arising out of your use of, or inability to use International Institute for Complementary Therapists web site.
By submitting communications to any part of the International Institute for Complementary Therapists website you automatically grant or warrant that the owner of such communications has expressly granted International Institute for Complementary Therapists a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, create derivative works from, modify, publish, edit, translate, distribute, perform, and display your name and the communication alone or as part of other works in any form, media, or technology whether now know or hereafter developed.
You warrant that any and all information you post to the International Institute for Complementary Therapists website does not violate therapist/client confidentiality. You warrant that any and all information submitted by you and posted in the International Institute for Complementary Therapists directories is true and correct.
Files that you upload, public messages that you send and your activity in dialogue, discussion, and forums are subject to review, modification and deletion without notice by the discussion or forum or website manager. Files uploaded to a bulletin board are subject to posted limitations on usage, reproduction and/or dissemination and you are responsible for adhering to such limitations. You should be aware that personally identifiable information you choose to disclose on the site, may be used by third parties and such use is beyond the control of International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
International Institute for Complementary Therapists reserves the right to Terminate your subscription if International Institute for Complementary Therapists, in its sole discretion, determines that you have engaged in conduct that violates the law or the terms of this agreement, or on the giving of 7 days’ notice without cause.
You (The User) agree to give International Institute for Complementary Therapists 14 days notice of any Termination to your subscription and agree to pay any periodic payments, fees and charges that occur within that 14 day period.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, resulting from any violation of this agreement or any activity related to your account (including infringement of third parties’ worldwide intellectual property rights or negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing International Institute for Complementary Therapists web site and using your service account.
Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability
You agree that neither International Institute for Complementary Therapists, nor its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers shall have any liability to you under any theory of liability or indemnity in connection with your use of International Institute for Complementary Therapists website. You hereby release and forever waive any and all claims you may have against International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers or suppliers (including but not limited to claims based upon the negligence of International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers) for losses or damages you sustain in connection with your use of International Institute for Complementary Therapists.
Notwithstanding the foregoing paragraph, the total liability of International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers and suppliers, if any, for losses or damages shall not exceed the fees paid by the user for the particular information or service provided. In no event shall International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers be liable to you for any losses or damages other than the amount referred to above. All other damages, direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive arising from any use of the information or other parts of International Institute for Complementary Therapists web site are hereby excluded even if International Institute for Complementary Therapists, its officers, directors, employees, agents, information providers, partners, advertisers or suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Neither International Institute for Complementary Therapists, nor any of its affiliates, directors, officers or employees, nor any third party vendor will be liable or have any responsibility of any kind for any loss or damage that you incur in the event of any failure or interruption of this site, or resulting from the act or omission of any other party involved in making this site or the data contained therein available to you, or from any other cause relating to your access to or your inability to access the site or these materials, whether or not the circumstances giving rise to such cause may have been within the control of International Institute for Complementary Therapists or of any vendor providing software or services support.
Third Party Rights
The provisions of Indemnification and the Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability are for the benefit of International Institute for Complementary Therapists and its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors, suppliers, and information providers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
General Advice for Recommended Services
The insurance product referred to on this website is issued by BMS Risk Services Australia Limited (ABN 17 000 434 720, AFSL 241141) (BMS), via a binder agreement with Certain Underwriters of Lloyd’s.
Any information provided by IICT is factual information only and is not intended to imply any recommendation or opinion about the insurance product. Before deciding whether to acquire the product you will need to read the policy documents, available by contacting BMS Insurance Brokers, to determine whether the policy meets your financial situation, objectives and needs. BMS will receive a commission from the insurer for arranging this cover and a portion of that will be paid to the IICT in relation to all products issued through a referral from IICT.
You agree not to post any information which (a) is libellous, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, false, unlawful, or contrary to the ownership or intellectual property rights of any other person, or (b) contains any virus, worm, or other code which is contaminating or destructive to the files or programs of International Institute for Complementary Therapists or any of our users. International Institute for Complementary Therapists may deny you access to all or part of the International Institute for Complementary Therapists website if International Institute for Complementary Therapists, in its sole discretion, determines that you have engaged in conduct that violates the law or the terms of this agreement.
Advertisers and sponsors of the International Institute for Complementary Therapists Website and/or its e-newsletters have no influence on editorial content or presentation.
- IICT requires an official enrolment letter or email to approve Student memberships and a final certificate to approve Full and Executive memberships.
- The modality approved will be equivalent to that stated on the members final certificate. IICT will not grant modalities based on individual modules completed*. E.g. Naturopathy Certificate gives Naturopathy only and not the training modules of Nutrition, Herbs, Flower Essences etc.
- The name stated on the final certificate received needs to be the member’s legal first and last name, otherwise a statutory declaration/marriage/birth/divorce certificate needs to be provided.
- If the member’s final certificate is in a language other than English, it will need to be officially translated.
- Testimonials can be accepted for Psychic, Medium, Tarot, Energy Healing and Spiritual Healing Modalities. Please follow the testimonial guidelines (see below).
- IICT will only approve qualifications if the modality reflects on the Approve Modalities Listing of the relevant country. In instances where the modality is not listed, the member may choose to submit a New Modality application.
- The member is responsible for sending in their enrolment/qualifications within the duration of their membership period. Should IICT not receive these, the member may not be liable for a refund. Please see the Cancellation and Refund policy below. cancellations and refunds policy.
- Minimum requirements are subject to change and are dependent on training provider and the specific modality.*
Testimonials can be accepted for Psychic, Medium, Tarot, Energy Healing and Spiritual Healing Modalities. If you would like approval for a modality based on testimonials, please provide us with the following information:
- The length of time you have been practicing the said modality;
- The specific aspects of the modality that you have practiced or that you use in your treatments.
We also require a minimum of 3 testimonials (template attached) for each modality from clients who have had sessions with you.
The testimonial letter/email must contain:
- The name of the modality (one person can list multiple modalities in the same testimonial letter);
- The amount of treatments, consultations or sessions received;
- Your full name as the person the testimonial is about;
- The full name of the person who wrote the testimonial; and
- The phone number or current email address of the person providing the testimonial.
The IICT’s Cancellation and Refund Policy
If at any time you wish to cancel your membership with The IICT, please notify us in writing by emailing our support team on email@example.com Please be advised payments made via PayPal’s secure online payment gateway on an annual auto-recurring basis will have funds automatically deducted from the account used upon sign-up on the renewal date. You will receive an email notification from IICT 2 weeks prior to this date to notify you of the renewal. If you wish to cancel before this payment is deducted, please notify IICT at least 7 working days prior to the due date. You can also view your renewal date at any time by logging in to the members area on the IICT website and clicking on the My Membership links.
NOTE: By cancelling membership, any insurance placed via BMS will cease.
Please reach out to BMS to discuss this further on: 1800 290 981.
The following is a detailed outline of the IICT’s Refund Policy:
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
The IICT shall give refunds for purchases made through the IICT website under the following conditions:
- For all Membership registrations there is a 14 day cooling off period. Any applicant can choose to cancel their membership and have a full refund* of payments made within 14 days of the transaction±.
- For refunds after the 14 day cooling off period a 50% refund can be arranged if the IICT member has ceased working as a natural therapist or for any other reason±.
- 50% refunds can also be arranged if the applicant is refused insurance (a full refund* can be returned if requested within 14 days of the transaction).
- The amount refunded shall be based on the amount of the transaction payable at the time of joining the IICT.
- Refunds shall not be given within 30 days prior to the end of the financial year unless the purchase was made within the 14 day cooling off period.
- For all other purchases made through this website including: Directory Registrations, ebooks, and IICT Business Cards the 14 day cooling off period applies. Beyond 14 days the IICT shall not be required to give a refund for purchases made from the said items.
- All membership and directory listing purchases made on the IICT website and all international IICT branches are on an annual recurring billing cycle (365 days). All members are notified via email 14 days prior to the date of renewal and members have the option to opt out by contacting IICT Accounts to remove recurring payments from their nominated credit card account.
*Less any postage and handling fees.
± All refunds can be transferred by internet banking into an Australia bank account or via a credit card refund¢.
¢ Less bank fees and charges.
International Institute for Complementary Therapists reserves the right to alter this agreement at anytime without prior notification.
If any clause or provision of this agreement is determined to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable under present or future law, then, in that event, such clause or provision will be severed from this agreement without affecting the enforceability of all remaining clauses and provisions.